- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: German language learning and teaching; society and current affairs in Germany
- Email: A.Markovic@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3502
- Location: 2.03 Michael Sadler Building
I studied Islamic Studies, Politics and Media Studies at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg and graduated in 2008. In 2011 I received a binational master's degree in German as a Foreign Language from the University of Leipzig and the Centre for German at the Ain-Shams University Cairo. Before joining the German team at the University of Leeds in 2014, I was a teaching and research fellow in German as a Second Language at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg and also taught German courses for immigrants.
Research interests<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- MA Deutsch als Fremdsprache (German as a foreign and second language)
- Magister Islamwissenschaft, Politikwissenschaft und Medienwissenschaft
I teach in all German language modules, combining German language skills with learning about modern Germany.