- Position: Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Teaching English for Academic Purposes (language and study skills); creative writing; discourse analysis.
- Email: H.Butt@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5728
- Location: 3.05 Parkinson
After completing my MA in Linguistics and English Language Teaching at the University of Leeds in 1999, I taught the summer pre-sessional in the Language Centre, University of Leeds before going to China to run the English side of an International Foundation Year. I returned to Leeds in 2001, where I have been teaching at the Language Centre since.
I am currently researching1) behaviour in seminars and 2) online communication.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- MA in Lingustics and ELT
- BA in French and German
- Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults
- BALEAP (Institutional member)
I teach on a range of courses within the Language Centre, both insessional and pre-sessional. These are to undergraduate and postgraduate students, primarily in the fields of business and communications.
Research groups and institutes
- Language Centre