Dr Caroline Summers
- Position: Lecturer (Academic)
- Areas of expertise: Contemporary German literature and culture; literature and German Reunification; literary translation; authorship in translation; narrative theory; Christa Wolf.
- Email: C.Summers@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3778
- Location: 1.20 Parkinson Building
I hold a BA (Hons) in French and German from the University of Cambridge. I then went on to complete an MA in Translation Studies at the University of Manchester, where I also completed my PhD.
My doctoral research examined shifts in authorial identity that occur as a result of the translation process and has recently been published as a monograph, entitled Examining Text and Authorship in Translation: What Remains of Christa Wolf? (2017).
My research focuses on sociological approaches to literary translation, especially the construction of authorship.
I also have experience as a freelance translator.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Translation Studies
- Centre for World Literatures