N.B. Please contact me at email@example.com – I have completed my doctoral studies, and cannot access my university email inboxes. Thank you!
- PhD English Literature, University of Leeds, 2016–2020; dissertation: ‘Theophany on the Shakespearean Stage’
- MA English Literature, University of Leeds, 2015–2016, with Distinction
- BA English Language and Literature, University of Leeds, 2012–2015, First-Class Honours
- Book Review: 'Discoveries on the Early Modern Stage: Contexts and Conventions, by Leslie Thomson', The Seventeenth Century, 35 (2019), 128–30
- Book Review: 'English Mythography in its European Context, 1500–1650, by Anna-Maria Hartmann', The Seventeenth Century, 34 (2019), 413–15
I currently teach English as a foreign language in northern Italy.
- Sept–Dec 2018 and 2019: 'Renaissance Literature', Seminar Tutor, School of English, University of Leeds
- Sept 2017–June 2019: Writing Mentor for the School of English, University of Leeds
- Sept–Dec 2017: 'Prose: Reading and Interpretation', Seminar Tutor, School of English, University of Leeds
- 'The Soundworld of Pericles', at Speech, Sound, and Dialogue in Early Modern Culture, 1500–1700, hosted by the Cabinet of Curiosities, University of York, 24 April 2018
- 'The Drama of mentis furor in Late Shakespeare', at Oxford-Globe Forum for Medicine and Drama in Practice, University of Oxford, 2 December 2017
- Douglas Jefferson Scholarship, 2016–2019
Literary Translation and Creative Publications
- 'Two Translations from German by Charles Eager', The Society of Classical Poets (2019) [online]
- 'Providence and Poetic Tradition', The Society of Classical Poets (2019) [online]
- Synkronos (Brașov, 2017) [co-authored with Vlad Condrin Toma]
- 'Three Celan Translations', EPIZOOTICS!, 2 (2017), 21–22
- 'Meditation', The Society of Classical Poets, 5 (2017), 106 [redaction from the below]
- 'Jaded I Lay & Other Poetry', The Society of Classical Poets (2016) [online]
- I am working on a song cycle on the Tower of Babel with the excellent composer John Gediminas. The text is finished and is being set to music. We premiered the first poem and piece at Leeds Lieder Festival's 'Poets & Composers Forum' (27 April 2019); it was performed by soprano Poppy Shotts and pianist Joe Howson. Listen to the performance here: https://soundcloud.com/john-gediminas/prayerful-invocation-and-apostrophe
- Leeds Living Archive, 2018–present: leedsliving.co.uk/author/charles-eager
- Selective Archive, 2016–present: charleseager.wordpress.com
- Prior to 2016 I wrote for Leeds Music Scene, which has since disbanded. Manuscript copies of articles remain extant; they can be supplied on request.
Renaissance/early modern poetry and drama. Classical gods and myth in Renaissance theatre and visual culture, classical reception, Shakespeare (esp. late plays), mythography, Renaissance music. The Psalms in, before, and after the early modern period.
- PhD English Literature (University of Leeds, 2020)
- MA English Literature (University of Leeds, 2016) -- Distinction
- BA English Language and Literature (University of Leeds, 2015) -- First-Class Honours
- Level-5 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), The TEFL Academy, 2020