- UK/International: All regions
- Summary: The Awards are named for Canon John Stanley Purvis (died 1968), who was the translator or editor of each of the 48 individual works in the York Cycle of Mystery Plays. In 1976 the copyright and royalty rights of the Mystery Plays was assigned by Hilda M. Purvis, his sister and literary executor, to the University of Leeds. Hilda Purvis stipulated that the accumulated funds from the royalty rights should be used to fund two prizes to outstanding students in the School of English.
- Value - what money is on offer: £1,000 per award
- Who is eligible: Awards are made to the two highest quality applicants who apply.
- Deadline: Friday 11 March 2022, 5pm
How to apply
Automatic consideration of all offer holders.
No official application process.
Number of scholarships available
Year of entry