- UK/International: All regions
- Summary: Leeds Church Institute helps local people to study at post graduate level in Leeds. The Leeds Church Institute Scholarships support the development of theologians who will bridge between the academy and faith communities in Leeds. The vision is for future theologians who will inspire others in reflection and action to enliven mission and city engagement.
- Value - what money is on offer: £5000
- Deadline: 2 May 2022
How to apply
Criteria for Leeds Church Institute Scholars
Each candidate is expected to demonstrate:
- A secured place on the MA Religion programme at the University of Leeds
- Residency in Leeds Metropolitan District
- A commitment to theological reflection that is engaged with the needs of others
- Sympathy with the ethos, aims and activities of Leeds Church Institute
- A willingness to contribute one article to the CITYtheology magazine and make a short presentation at an LCI event during the scholarship
The value of the award is £5000 for one year, paid to the student as a contribution to fees or living expenses. A scholarship for part time study will be paid pro rata over two years.
For information on Leeds Church Institute, please visit our website. Here you can find information on LCI events and projects, all editions of CITYtheology and other publications, and LCI’s ethos and aims.
The deadline for applications is 2 May 2022.
Please submit a letter explaining how you meet each of the listed criteria and the names and contact details of two independent referees to the Director, Dr Helen Reid, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awarding decisions will be made by a panel of staff and trustees, and feedback offered to all applicants. Confirmation of the scholarship will be made by 6 June 2022.
Year of entry