Dr. Yunhao Liang
- Position: Postdoctoral Researcher
- Areas of expertise: Resistance welding of long fibre-reinforced composites; Fabrication of self-reinforced biopolymer-based composites; Dissolution and pyrolysis behaviours of cellulose materials
- Email: Y.Liang2@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 3.14 Clothworkers South
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I started my current role, a full-time postdoctoral researcher, in the Leeds Institute of Textiles and Colour (LITAC) at the Univeristy of Leeds from May 2023. The project that I have been working on is 'development of a robotic maintenance system for wind turbine blades' (ROMAIN), where we are aiming to establish a robtics system to provide maintenance service, combining inspectation and repair funcitons, to the wind turbine blades. I am responsible for the investigation of the repair functions, using resistance welding polymer composites techniques. Apart from this, I have also got involved in other research projects:
September 2022 to May 2023, University of Chester, ‘Development of a robotic maintenance system for wind turbine blades' (ROMAIN)’, HORIZON EUROPE.
February 2022 to August 2022, University of Leeds, ‘All cellulose composites’, Norther Triangle Initiative.
I got my PhD in physics in 2022, after the PhD+ programme in the Soft Matter Physics Group, University of Leeds, and aslo a MSc in Polymer Chemistry and Physics and a BEng in Polymer Materials and Engineering in 2017 and 2014, respectively, from Qingdao University of Science and Technology.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD in Physics
- MSc in Polymer Chemistry and Physics
- BEng in Polymer Materials and Engineering
Visiting Lecturer for SE6029/7018 Composite Science and Technology, University of Chester for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Lab demonstrator/Marker for PHYS1060/PHYS1110 Physics Laboratory, University of Leeds from 2018-2021.