- Position: Lecturer in Retail Management and Strategy
- Areas of expertise: Apparel and Fashion Industry; Fashion Retail; International Marketing; Country-of-Origin Image; International Business; Internationalisation of emerging Market Firms; Strategic Marketing; Strategy
- Email: M.Suter@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 2.05 Clothworkers South
- Website: Researchgate | ORCID
I hold a PhD and an MSc in Business Studies from the University of São Paulo, where I conducted research on international marketing and strategy. I earned my bachelor’s degree in Business from the Fundação Armando Alvares Penteado (FAAP) in Sao Paulo, Brazil (2003). I also have an MA degree in Fashion Business and a BA in Fashion Design.
I have been a lecturer in undergraduate, post-graduate and MBA programs since 2013. Before that, I worked for companies in the apparel industry, from knitting to retail, for brands such as C&A and Calvin Klein, among others.
My main research interest is to conduct interdisciplinary studies bounding marketing and strategy, especially in the apparel industry and in the international business context.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- European Marketing Academy
- Strategic Management Society
- European Academy of International Business
- Academy of International Business