- Duration: 1 day
- Fees: £325.00
Managing and understanding colour from the design stage to the finished product can be a difficult activity, colour perception is subjective and can therefore be inconsistent.
This course provides a basic yet comprehensive knowledge on many aspects of colour awareness, assessment and measurement. The course includes lectures, interactive sessions and practical exercises.
It will prove invaluable for those involved with colour assessment, colour quality monitoring and evaluation, should they be designers, merchandisers, product development specialists, quality control and anyone who uses colour in their work.
Course content – 1 day
• Colour Communication
- colour order systems (Pantone, Munsell, NCS)
- colour contrast - colour assimilation and brightness
- colourfulness (chroma and saturation)
• Colour Measurement
- using colour measurement system in the lab
- reflectance spectra trichromacy
- CIE system
- meaning of XYZ - CIELAB
• Making Pass/Fail Decisions
- viewing cabinets - light sources and illuminants
- colour differences, CMC, CIE94, CIEDE2000
- colour constancy
- colour blindness
• Colour Recipe Prediction Kubelka-Munk, Commercial systems, recipe correction, metamerism.
• Whiteness and Yellowness - CIE Whiteness, overview of whiteness and yellowness systems
0113 343 37858